Discover the Art & Science of Quantified Media
Omnichannel Attribution Modeling & Optimization
Our approach to Omnichannel Attribution Modeling & Optimization (Omnichannel Optimization) combines the best of both marketing mix modeling & optimization (MMMO) and multi-trait attribution (MTA) into one integrated, comprehensive, and powerful omnichannel decision-making platform.
Within this integrated framework, Omnichannel Optimization quantifies the impact, sales contributions, and ROI across all media, tactics, strategies, and realities (e.g., digital, mass, social, mobile, ooh, sponsorships, local, grassroots, traditional, emerging, CRM, pricing, inventory, product lifecycle, customer segments, changing economy, evolving brands, etc.).
Clients access Omnichannel Optimization capabilities and intelligence through our portal, Marketing Mix Manager® (https://MarketingMixManager.net). The platform leverages machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) methodologies to drive all performance marketing, optimization, and planning capabilities at a client’s portfolio (i.e., footprint) level, all 210 Nielsen US DMA’s, and an unlimited number of stores or locations. Access is available 24 hours a day throughout the year.
With insight into the performance of all media and other important factors, our clients have a clear understanding of how to adjust to short and long-term impacts on revenue, budgets, conversions, etc., and to develop plans to ensure and improve future performance.
Quantify Omnichannel Performance
- Measure marketing’s contribution to sales and revenue
- Quantify ROI by media channel, promotion, market, etc.
- Quantify individual media elasticity
- Quantify media synergies
Optimize Omnichannel Mix
- Allocate budgets across media channels based on critical mass thresholds and economic optimums
- Adjust flighting to maximize synergies and align your media mix with demand
- Determine budgets necessary to reach targets
- Minimize losses when faced with budget cuts
Plan and Forecast Future Omnichannel Performance
- Accurately forecast future performance with an evergreen, continuously improving platform
- Explore budget or target options with our online, scenario-based planning tools
The Transfer Function Model
The client-specific challenge and the nature and availability of data influence the specific methodologies employed in any particular engagement. We customize Omnichannel Optimization for each client based on their business and marketing environment.
In general, our platforms are transfer-functions (multivariate ARIMA) with ML and AI augmentation. Our system generates efficiencies, such as automated DMA and store / location modeling, that deliver a value proposition (platform quality / price client pays) that is impossible for other vendors to match.
Omnichannel Optimization Cascade Modeling
The key to our ability in delivering robust Omnichannel Optimization is our cascade modeling approach. Leveraging ML and AI techniques, we have automated the cascade of models from the client’s portfolio / footprint to all 210 Nielsen DMA’s, and to an unlimited number of stores or locations within each DMA (see illustration below).This enables us to deliver extremely reliable results, that break down and sum up across a company’s entire footprint, in a very cost-efficient manner.
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH US
Advantages of working with Polaris Research in developing your omnichannel program include:
One Integrated System of Equations Drive and Optimize Business Results
- We use information from one system of equations to determine media effectiveness, quantify media / tactic contribution, calculate ROI, optimize the marketing mix, and forecast. Results roll-up & breakdown effectively.
- Many vendors use different equations / approaches for forecasting, ROI decomposition, market roll-downs, etc. As a consequence, results don’t balance.
- DMA modeling is automated and very cost-efficient.
- Results can be cascaded to any number of stores / locations.
- We can focus on geographies, brands, categories, channels, products, or any combination of these views based on the client’s needs.
- We customize every platform to enable our clients to get the most out of their investment.
Timely and Relevant Intelligence
- Our evergreen platform factors in real-time, fact-based decisions and market changes. As market conditions change, our platform adapts and integrates the impact of these changes into the ROI results reporting and forecasting.
- Historically, depending on the needs of the client, we have provided ROI reporting and forecasting on a weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly basis. Realtime tracking is also available in situations where very frequent tracking is necessary.
Years of Media Experience but with Media Neutrality
- Our senior leaders have a combined 40+ years of internal experience with major media agencies in media planning and research. We know how media work, but Polaris Research is a media-neutral, market research firm.
System Architect on the Account Team
- The client has direct access to and dialog with the architect of our system.
- With most vendors, clients are “distanced” or “separated” from the architects of the system by layers of account personnel with varying levels of understanding of the approach and capabilities. This invariably leads to watered-down results and various levels of inaction based on the intelligence, or lack thereof.
- Our ML and AI augmented modeling, production, and delivery generate efficiencies (e.g., automated DMA and store / location modeling) that other vendors cannot match.
- We have had many platforms in continuous operation for as long as 3 to 15 years.
- We have never done business with a client that has not returned for other projects.
- We stand behind our results. We will tirelessly work with you and your team to guarantee the effective rollout and use of our system throughout your organization.
Call us today to find out how Polaris Research can maximize the performance of your marketing investments by applying advanced econometric modeling tools to measure, optimize, and forecast your marketing performance.
List of Services
- Omnichannel Attribution Modeling & Optimization
- Volumetric & Demand Forecasting
- Brand Equity Metrics & Optimization
- Linkage to Internal Service Quality Levels
- Retention Forecasting & Optimization
- Customer Survey Development, Fielding, Analysis & Reporting
- Syndicated Research Forecasts
- Syndicated Research Mapping to Client Databases
- Feasibility Studies
Discrete Choice Models & Segmentation
- Buyer, Clone & Response Models
- Customer Churn Models
- Customer Upsell & Migration Models
- Customer Lifetime Value & Optimization Models
- Multi-Dimensional Customer & Messaging Segmentation
- Multi-Phase / Product Communication Stream Management Models
Measurement, Tracking & Reporting
- Experimental Test Design
- Pre-Promotion Forecasts
- Post-Promotion Sales & ROI Reporting
- Productionalized Reporting